Opinion and analysis from a student at, what was, the 93rd best academic institution in the whole United Kingdom

Friday 7 November 2008

The immortal wisdom of Glenn Frey, Don Henley and Johnny Cash

I have just been struck by the lyrics of Desperado, as sung byJohnny Cash. The plans which I am currently hatching; the radical break with the life of the past that I now seek; fears, desires, anticipations; I found all of it in these lines:

Now it seems to me some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones
That you can't get...

The song goes on and, like so many, in incredibly uncanny fashion, continues to describe every detail of my life, past and present. It is the message in the above lines that I will hold in my mind in the coming weeks, however...

P.s. For long term readers, my plans no longer involve Ireland but something far more radical and earth-shattering, as well as being doomed to the most comprehensive failure.

About Me

My photo
An aspiring writer trapped in the never-ending suburbs at the edge of G. London