Opinion and analysis from a student at, what was, the 93rd best academic institution in the whole United Kingdom

Sunday 30 November 2008

The case against Martin Buber...

There doesn't seem to be anybody around anywhere who can be bothered to stick their neck out and say that they love me. It has been a long while since someone without a shared drop of blood between us has said words to that effect at any rate, so long that I am starting to wonder if they ever will again.

I am not complaining really. I am, as they say, good on my own. Furthermore, I am on friendly terms with a lot of women; too many in fact, to a level which is almost symptomatic of the dysfunction... An acquaintance told me the other day that my whole trouble was that women don't perceive me as a threat, to which my wilful misinterpretation of an inward response was, is that really what they're after? Golly, I have been going about this the wrong way!

Don't worry about me though: humble, meek, self-effacing exterior aside, I am actually an incredibly humble, meek and self-effacing person who has big dreams about being a right bastard!!!

About Me

My photo
An aspiring writer trapped in the never-ending suburbs at the edge of G. London