Opinion and analysis from a student at, what was, the 93rd best academic institution in the whole United Kingdom

Sunday 19 October 2008

Humanity

There are times when it is just nice to feel human! Today was one of those pleasant but subtly wearing, wearying days; a day in which there was neither time nor budget for eating. It was cold, too, and my nose went a different colour (red) from my face (white). When I got home and lay back on the sofa, it began to dawn on me that something was missing. With a shock I realised it was all my little, colourful characteristic bits; my human bits...

Sometimes all it takes to seize back one’s humanity is a twenty pence tin of beans and a cup of tea. It’s true that at other times it takes considerably more: medication, drastic upheavals in geography, even lobotomies but thankfully, today was not one of those days!

About Me

My photo
An aspiring writer trapped in the never-ending suburbs at the edge of G. London