Opinion and analysis from a student at, what was, the 93rd best academic institution in the whole United Kingdom

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Boring blogger takes a break

I am in the throes of the final essays of my (first) undergraduate career*. From now until they are over I am afraid that there will be little or no time to update this wonderful niche of narcissism. Don't cry my dears, be strong! Before you know it I will be back boring you all again!

In the intervening time, if you're worried what to do without your bi-weekly fix of banal balls, I recommend you go back and re-read some of my better blogposts. I, personally, recommend these:

http://notesfromthepolytechnic.blogspot.com/2008/12/tuesday-ring-road-supermarket.html

http://notesfromthepolytechnic.blogspot.com/2009/01/westminster-worrying.html

http://notesfromthepolytechnic.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-brand-new-suburb-busting-anti-fox.html

...they're about the measure of this bastion of conceit, anyhow!

Failing that, can you all ring up the offices of The Liberal, The New Yorker, Poetry and Magma magazines and demand that they print some N. F. Hampton? Tell them that you are sick of the current fashionable poetry and really want to read things about canals and the nuances of the county boundary system; the kind of poetry that wonderful, avant-garde N. F. Hampton is trailblaizing from his backroom in Surbiton!

I suppose the other way to get me a bit of publicity is to tell the newspapers that I've been saying nasty things about David Cameron, that I'm an intimate acquaintance of Draper and MacBride and that I'm on the Downing Street payroll, too. (I'm really only writing these things in the vain hope that the search engines will pick me up and deliver a few more unwitting readers into my sweaty, self-obsessed hands!)

Right, I'll return in a month or so!

Wait, what's that sound, like crickets chirping in an empty auditorium? What could that be...?

*Yes, my friends, I am barking and about to embark on a second undergraduate degree in September.

About Me

My photo
An aspiring writer trapped in the never-ending suburbs at the edge of G. London