Opinion and analysis from a student at, what was, the 93rd best academic institution in the whole United Kingdom

Tuesday 30 December 2008

Dejection? A load!

The poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge was onto something when he wrote:

"A grief without a pang, void, dark and drear"

for this is exactly how I felt on the 281 to Tolworth at 4 o' clock on the second to last day of 2008... Ok, so he was suffering from protracted Opium withdrawal but I drink too much coffee and, if I have a beer at lunchtime as I did today, go all moody!

We are (or should be) partners in torment!

Hazlitt also mentions that Coleridge used to waffle an awful lot- which I do, too, in spades and I'm going to stop now for the year... right here!

P.S. New Year's resolutions:

1) Start being an arsehole to my University friends as a fair few of them have accused me of being too nice on 30,000 separate occasions.

2) Start being less crotchety with other friends and family members.

3) Do more writing that isn't just blog writing i.e. the 2,500 word essay that is due in on the 8th of January

Right then, roll on 2009!!!

About Me

My photo
An aspiring writer trapped in the never-ending suburbs at the edge of G. London